- 10 new stamps will be issued on 7 July 2016 to celebrate one of the most successful and influential rock bands of all time
- Six stamps feature iconic album covers: The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn; Atom Heart Mother; The Dark Side Of The Moon; Wish You Were Here; Animals and The Endless River
- A further four stamps within a miniature sheet celebrate the ground-breaking live performances of the band, from the appearances at the now legendary UFO Club, London in 1966 where they invented the ‘psychedelic’ light show; to the extremely ambitious staging for albums such as The Wall and the Division Bell tours
- The Division Bell album cover appeared on a stamp in 2010
- The stamps are available to pre-order online from 26 May at royalmail.com/pinkfloyd
- The stamps will be available to purchase in 8,000 UK Post Offices from 7 July 2016
We understand that Jon Carin, who has just left David Gilmour’s band, will be joining up with Roger Waters for his mini tour later this year.
There are a number of line up changes for the next leg of David’s Rattle That Lock Tour. Please visit out TOUR SECTION to see them
On 3 June 2016, Pink Floyd Records will begin the reintroduction of the complete Pink Floyd catalogue on vinyl, making it available for the first time in over two decades, with the release of the first four albums: ‘The Piper at the Gates of Dawn’, ‘A Saucerful of Secrets’, the soundtrack from the film ‘More’ and the 2 LP set ‘Ummagumma’. Special care has been taken to replicate the original packaging, and the first batch of releases, mastered by James Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman, will be pressed on 180gram vinyl for optimum sound quality. Pink Floyd Records will release further titles from the vinyl catalogue throughout the year, with release dates being announced at regular intervals.
Amazon UK currently have the albums up for pre-order. We will have the USA & Canada details when they become available. If you are considering purchasing any of the albums, please remember to use our Amazon links to enable us to keep this site going.
Remember This? We are advised that it’s not the Coachella Festival Roger will be appearing at, instead it’s a concert at Coachella around 4th or 5th October. (Filed March 12) NOW SEE THIS As you can see we first got a whiff of the Mega Concert in October at Coachella way back on March 12th.This was weeks before rumours started to circulate and it’s probable that those rumours spread from this site! This is going to be Massive and will feature Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who, Neil Young and of course Roger Waters. Shows you the benefit of having reliable sources, so we can bring you these rumours with confidence. However, we are not going to spoon feed you all the details, just take the above link. SPOILER: Roger’s probable set list: (Highlight with cursor: Greatest hits set with a few solo tracks as well)